Women in Innovation is all about equipping businesses with the tools and insights to support gender equality and stimulate business growth.
Why is gender equality important?
Diversity in business is proven to strengthen productivity and growth. The most successful businesses have women not only working at officer level, but in senior management positions and at board level.
But there is much work to be done to ensure an unconscious gender bias doesn’t limit opportunities. Large businesses including P&G, Virgin and Deloitte have a public commitment to a diverse workforce at all levels, but despite this step in the right direction only 23% of directors in the FTSE250 are women.
How is the SuperNetwork challenging this?
Diversity in the workplace ensures a workforce with different skillsets, mindsets, knowledge and perspectives.
With the help of funding from the Northstar Foundation, we’re working with SME’s from across the region to deliver free, non-judgemental unconscious bias workshops as part of a wider peer-to-peer learning initiative.
Many businesses across the region are leading the way when it comes to employing and supporting a gender diverse workforce and we want to work with these trail-blazers to bring to light best-practice and identify any areas for improvement.
The Women in Innovation programme is not just a one-way process, the workshops are a forum for discussion where businesses can learn from one another with a mutual exchange of ideas.
The aim of the project is:
- To help businesses recognise and share best-practice and identify ways to address gender bias.
- To initiate long-term change through tailored workshops.
- To analyse and disseminate learning from the project with a view to roll-out more widely.
What is the benefit of getting involved?
- Free programme
- Opportunity to reflect on and address key barriers to growth
- Peer case studies and access to experts
- PR opportunities supported by the Innovation SuperNetwork
- Opportunity to present and share learning as part of VentureFest North East 2018
How do I get involved?
For more information and to register your interest email – email@example.com