Based in Sunderland
Hours between 22.5 and 37.5 hours per week with flexible working options
£20,000 pro rata per year plus pension
The Innovation SuperNetwork is a unique regional programme, helping to cultivate a stronger innovation eco-system in the North East of England and support innovative businesses. The programme works through a partnership of around 50 organisations, including the North East LEP, Innovate UK, local universities, innovation support organisations and private businesses. The SuperNetwork is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The SuperNetwork includes:
- High profile events to raise aspiration and innovation expertise amongst regional businesses;
- An active access to finance programme to connect regional businesses with investors;
- Coordination work to link up businesses with sources of expertise and support;
- An open innovation programme, connecting regional businesses with innovation challenges posed by larger businesses and the public sector.
In addition, the team works with organisations across the UK on innovation support, including innovation events and access to finance work. An expansion in the number and scale of projects means that we need to increase our organisational capacity in compliance and reporting.
We are looking for an individual to join our team as Compliance Officer. The role is new in the team and will support the Finance Manager in the project delivery of publicly-funded contracts.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for:
- Funding compliance, including
- Assisting with preparation of reporting paperwork to comply with funding requirements, ensuring claim data is prepared to project deadlines
- Collating and storing records in accordance with project requirements
- Assisting with paperwork, spreadsheets and liaising with external businesses with regards gathering compliance data
- Assisting with procurement activities and reporting
- Inputting accurate information into company records and ensuring they are kept up to date
- Assisting with internal filing and data gathering for audit evidence
- Assisting with online funding claims processes
- Financial assistance, including
- Assisting in the preparation of funding spreadsheets, including financial data to support the Finance Manager
- Supporting Finance Manager with ad hoc financial administration in relation to sales and purchase ledgers, assisting with finance queries and filing (using an online Xero accounting system)
We are a relatively small team with an entrepreneurial and flexible approach. At the same time, we deliver complex projects utilising public funding, which implies attention to detail and robust compliance. This means the ideal candidate will need the knowledge and personality to follow robust systems whilst maintaining relationships and minimising the impact on delivery.
Ideally, candidates would have some knowledge of finances and compliance. However, we will offer training in the role. The candidate should also have good attention to detail and a commitment to excellence is important. Being involved in our team requires working hard as part of a committed team and bringing a positive mental attitude, no matter what the circumstances.
Candidates should be highly motivated, organised and a good communicator in person, writing and online.
There is the potential to expand responsibilities as we grow and increase working hours at the appropriate time. We have ambitious plans for the future and we will only recruit individuals that want to be a part of that longer journey.
If this is you, the first step is to forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 18th September 2018.