Based in Sunderland
Full-time, permanent contract
£50,000 per year plus pension
The Innovation SuperNetwork is a unique regional programme, helping to cultivate a stronger innovation eco-system in the North East of England and support innovative businesses. The programme works through a partnership of around 50 organisations, including the North East LEP, Innovate UK, North East BIC, Northumbrian Water, Reece Innovation, Engie, local universities and colleges, innovation support organisations and private businesses. The SuperNetwork is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The SuperNetwork includes:
- High profile events to raise aspiration and innovation expertise amongst regional businesses;
- An active access to finance programme to connect regional businesses with investors;
- Coordination work to link up businesses with sources of expertise and support;
- An open innovation programme, connecting regional businesses with innovation challenges posed by larger businesses and the public sector.
The programme will be expanding in 2018 to include support delivered through cluster organisations and business groups, ensuring that innovation support is available to a much wider range of businesses than can currently access it. In addition, we are working closely with partners on increasing the level of support available in the region for open and collaborative innovation projects.
The expansion in activity means that we are now looking to bring a new director into the team. The role is a general management position, with elements of both business development and operational management. The two key initial areas of responsibility are:
- Maintaining relationships with our extensive partner network (we work with over 50 partners already) and building relationships with new partners to support future projects;
- Leading, motivating and effective management of a team of six innovation specialists who will be working on collaborative projects with partners.
The ideal person must have extensive experience of account management or business development, ideally within a small or medium-sized organisation. They must have excellent communication and negotiation skills, the ability to lead a team and the drive to make a difference. Some knowledge of innovation and publicly-funded projects would be helpful but a willingness to learn is more important.
For a suitable candidate, we would consider making the role a board-level appointment if appropriate.
If this opportunity is for you, the first step is to forward your CV to email@example.com by 19th March 2018.