Innovation Challenge Managers
North East England
18 months fixed term contract, employed status, 3, 4 and 5 working day options available plus flexible and hybrid working patterns.
Circa £40,000 per year, plus pension
- Are you skilled solving complex problems and making connections that others might miss? Are you up to the task of tackling and defining complex problems that face the North East of England and of supporting SMEs and innovators to develop solutions that can have a real impact?
- Have you worked in, with or for innovative SMEs and start-ups as they have delivered their own innovation projects and growth plans?
- Are you experienced in bringing together people from across organisations and communities, overcoming barriers to innovation, with creativity, inclusivity and sustainability in mind?
We are looking for experienced innovators, problem solvers and design thinkers to join our team and lead an impactful innovation programme to accelerate economic and social prosperity and to tackle some of the most pressing issues our region is facing. Challenge North Tyne will engage leading local organisations such as large corporates, social enterprises, universities and public sector bodies, combine their market knowledge, research expertise and investment capacity to accelerate viable solutions to priority challenges in:
- Decarbonisation, particularly related to buildings and physical assets;
- Development of solutions for and with elder citizens and to enable healthy ageing for all; and
- The development of 5G-enabled solutions.
At Innovation SuperNetwork, we’re on a mission to make the North East Region a driving force in successful innovation. We’re on the lookout for people who can bring people together across organisational boundaries to collaborate on solving our shared problems and making a real impact. If this is you, please do get in touch at email@example.com.
Innovation Challenge Managers will be highly experienced individuals with an in-depth understanding of proven innovation practices, combined with relevant business career experience. Success in this role will require high autonomy, excellent stakeholder engagement skills and a desire to see the region thrive through applied innovation that delivers positive economic and social impact.
A significant part of our work is in connecting innovative businesses with suitable large organisations who can help to accelerate new products and service, and in some cases to help them source finance for elements of their development.
The role is high-profile, will necessitate working with leaders across public, private and third sector, and has the potential to have a huge impact on our region.
The ideal team members will have experience in working with innovative corporate scale and SME enterprises, across public, private, academic and social sectors. Excellent communication and facilitation skills, both on a one-to-one basis and in front of an audience, are crucial to the role, which will focus on building networks and connecting people. You will need to be motivated, self-organised and love working with complexity to make this work.
The salary level for the role is based on an annual equivalent of £40,000, plus pension. We are a flexible first employer and happy to receive applications from people who may wish to work on a part-time or job-share basis. We anticipate that a minimum viable working pattern would equate to at least 3 days per week.
If this opportunity is for you, the first step is to email your CV with a covering note stating why you are drawn to the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22nd April 2022.