Head of Digital
North East England
Full-time, with flexible working options available
£50,000 per year plus pension
Are you passionate about helping to grow the Digital sector and leading the delivery of on-the-ground innovation support to SMEs who have the potential to be digital game changers?
At the Innovation SuperNetwork we’re on a mission to accelerate the rate and success of innovative businesses in our region. We’re proud to be delivering the North of Tyne Combined Authority’s Digital Cluster Development Programme, in partnership with Dynamo North East and Health Network North.
The Digital Cluster Development Programme has ambitious goals to develop lasting digital sector innovation clusters across the Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland economies.
We want to hear from people who can build on the success of the digital clusters already developed by Dynamo North East, and ensure that the most innovative clusters are taken forward as part of a far-reaching programme specifically aimed at delivering economic and social benefits.
Key result areas for the Head of Digital include:
- Driving the growth of the Digital sector by defining and developing specific digital innovation clusters with greatest potential to deliver economic benefits in the North of Tyne regions.
- Devising and delivering a multi-element programme of intensive innovation support for SMEs and to accelerate the success of existing and newly defined digital clusters.
- Leveraging the strength of the ‘quadruple helix’ of innovation assets across North of Tyne localities.
- Removing the five key barriers to growth by providing access to innovation markets expertise, people, finance and partners.
- Establishing and managing a high performing team of cluster innovation managers.
- Ensuring this programme adds value alongside other complementary programmes in digital skills development, by strengthening the attractiveness of the North of Tyne region as a centre for high growth digital investment, innovation and employment.
You will be joining and hiring into a team of highly experienced individuals with an in-depth understanding of their fields, including innovation and cluster development best practices, combined with commercial experience. All are driven by a desire to see the region thrive through innovation.
The Head of Digital role is high-profile, externally-focused and with the potential to have a huge impact on our region.
The ideal person will have experience in working with senior stakeholders, large organisations and SMEs in Digital innovation sectors. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the role of digital innovation in economic development, excellent communication skills, both on a one-to-one and in front of an audience, with a focus on building networks. You will need to be inspirational, organised and love working with people to successfully deliver in this role.
The salary level for the role is £50,000 plus pension.
If this opportunity is for you, the first step is to send us your CV and a covering letter explaining how you fit with the role, to email@example.com by 19th October 2021.