Based in Sunderland
Full time or part time, permanent contract
£42,000 to £45,000 pro rata per year plus pension
The Innovation SuperNetwork is a unique regional programme, helping to cultivate a stronger innovation eco-system in the North East of England and support innovative businesses. The programme works through a partnership of around 50 organisations, including the North East LEP, Innovate UK, local universities and colleges, innovation support organisations and private businesses. The SuperNetwork is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The SuperNetwork includes:
- High profile events to raise aspiration and innovation expertise amongst regional businesses;
- An active access to finance programme to connect regional businesses with investors;
- Coordination work to link up businesses with sources of expertise and support;
- An open innovation programme, connecting regional businesses with innovation challenges posed by larger businesses and the public sector.
In addition, we work with organisations across the UK on innovation support, including innovation events and access to finance work. An expansion in the number and scale of projects means that we now need to increase our organisational capacity for financial management, compliance and reporting. This will free up management time to deliver new projects and drive further growth.
The Finance Manager role is new in the team and is likely to suit an ambitious qualified accountant with an interest in a broad, challenging, high-profile role in a dynamic business environment. The Finance Manager will ultimately be responsible for:
- Financial control, including
- Day to day management of company finances, sales and purchase ledgers, banking, payroll and expense claims (using Xero)
- Periodic reporting for VAT, management accounts (including to our Board) and budgeting
- Preparation of annual accounts
- Funding compliance, including
- Preparation of financial and non-financial reports to funders
- Liaising with funders to ensure continued strong relationships
- Management of procurement activities
- Acting as the expert within the organisation on compliance questions
It is possible for an individual with financial control experience but without experience of public sector reporting to come in to the role and expand their responsibilities over time, as we already have significant expertise in the team regarding funding compliance.
We are a relatively small team with an entrepreneurial and flexible approach. At the same time, we deliver complex projects utilising public funding, which implies attention to detail and robust compliance. This means that the ideal candidate will need the knowledge and personality to implement effective systems whilst maintaining relationships and minimising the impact on delivery.
For the right person, there is the potential to expand responsibilities as we grow and to join the company Board as Finance Director at the appropriate time. We have ambitious plans for the future and we will only recruit individuals that want to be a part of that longer journey.
If this is you, the first step is to forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on 24th July 2017.