To deliver the Accelerating Investment and Innovation Summit
Event date: 22nd or 23rd September 2021 (TBC)
The Innovation SuperNetwork offers specialist business support to North East entrepreneurs, start-ups and scales-ups. We connect innovation expertise and market opportunities to help regional SMEs grow. We do this through events, innovation accelerators, Access to Finance programmes, Innovation Challenges and one-to-one business support.
The Innovation SuperNetwork is at the forefront of a regional movement to grow the investor ecosystem in the North East, increasing the opportunity for regional SMEs to access the financial support they need to innovate and grow. In the last five years this has included a range of activity including an investor readiness programme and live pitching events for SMEs. High-profile speakers and investment success stories have brought about thought leadership in the region, and the Newcastle Angel Hub’s education programme supports the development of new Angel Investors.
To maximise this work and take it forward, we are launching the second Accelerating Investment and Innovation Summit since the inaugural event in 2020. This high-profile investment conference will bring together policy makers, investors, corporates and SMEs, and will examine the national issues affecting investment and innovation against a regional backdrop, whilst providing an opportunity for innovative North East businesses to connect with Investors.
Delivered entirely online, the virtual summit will take place on either 22nd or 23rd September 2021. We are seeking invitations to quote for hosting an online platform to deliver the event and provide technical support.
Format of the day
Our aim is to ensure there is dynamic and interactive content in every session. We are working on the programme currently, but it will likely include the following:
- A full day online conference (9:30 – 4:30pm)
- Keynote speeches (morning & afternoon)
- Approx. 4 Panel discussions with up to 6 speakers each
- Networking opportunities
- A linear format, with no concurrent sessions planned, with breakout sessions or tables for group work within the main stage
- A fully managed service to populate and brand the platform, provide technical support throughout, coordinate on the day, as well as produce post event data reports
- Registration page that adheres to GDPR and collects bespoke data fields
- Branded welcome page with agenda and features to navigate through the event
- Main stage for keynotes & 6 person panels
- Searchable directory of full delegate profiles, indicating when they are in live attendance
- Ability to connect and swap contact details with other delegates
- Post event reports detailing a timestamped log of each delegate’s attendance alongside their full registration data
- Access to the conference session recordings post-event
- The front end should be clean, well presented and brandable
- Group networking that can be randomised but also allows delegates to self select meetings by being able to identify other delegates in the room
- Timed networking in different sized groups
- Capability for ready-created dynamic content in sessions to enhance delegate experience (e.g. video, talking heads, RSS feed, document downloads etc)
- Option of breakout sessions or tables for smaller group work with whiteboard functionality
- Pre-event onboarding/rehearsals for staff and speakers
- Enable delegates on a journey e.g. build their own agenda, identifiable themed strands
- Possible further ways to connect delegates: QR codes that link to LinkedIn profile, interactive video wall, an opportunities posting board
- Social media integration.
Responses should be no longer than two A4 pages and should briefly summarise:
- How your solution meets requirements and how you would go about delivering the project
- Highlight similar experience
- Capacity & availability to deliver within the timescales and for the date of the event (TBC as either 22nd or 23rd September 2021)
- Quote for services showing breakdown of price per registration and price per day for management support
Deadline for quotation: 1st June 2021.
Appointment: 10th June 2021.
Delivery timeframe: Aim to launch registrations via the platform by w/c 28th June. The virtual summit will take place on either 22nd or 23rd September 2021 – date TBC by 10th June.
Budget: ISN is non profit, so value for money is an important criterion in selecting the successful provider.
Questions: If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Forrester, Events Manager at Innovation SuperNetwork – email@example.com / 07799 038111.
We are delivering the ‘Catalysing Innovation in North East Clusters 2021-2023′ project. The project is receiving up to £1.28m of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
For more information about the 2020 Accelerating Investment & Innovation Summit, click here: https://supernetwork.org.uk/investment-summit/