Our healthcare cluster works across the sector alongside several different organisations that all play a unique role for the NHS. Through innovation the cluster assists trusts, CCGs and universities to gain insight, access clinical and technical expertise as well as meeting unmet healthcare needs within the region, providing a boost to the economy. We can help signpost your organisation to the part of the network that will best support and assist with your requirements.
Academic Health Science Network for the North East and North Cumbria (AHSN NENC)
AHSN NENC works with member organisations including the NHS trusts, CCGs and universities across the NENC to help them identify, evaluate, adopt and disseminate transformative innovation. The AHSN NENC works a lot with industry too, as a source of innovation and helps industry to access the expertise within the NHS that is so crucial to the development, testing and deployment of products and services that are the basis of the UK’s Life Sciences sector.
As part of a national network of 15 AHSNs, and with colleagues across the country, we collaborate to make nationally important innovation visible and accessible throughout the NHS.
The work of the AHSN NENC focuses on four main areas:
- Supporting economic growth
- Transforming patient safety and quality improvement
- Improving population health
- Driving digital transformation
Across all these activities, the AHSN NENC acts as the trusted broker of cross-organisational work.
South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust (STSFT)
The Research and Innovation Team at STSFT supports innovation in health, and has addressed unmet needs, in collaboration with partners including companies, academia and patient groups. A key aim of the Trust is continuous improvement through Research and Innovation.
As a partner of the Academic Health Science Network for the North East and North Cumbria, South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust works with industry, organisations and individuals seeking to access clinical and technical expertise as well as guidance on working with the NHS.
Health Network North (HNN)
HNN is a membership-based network, which helps its members to gain insight, and increase engagement, within a rapidly growing and vibrant, yet sometimes difficult to navigate, healthcare economy in the region.
The aim of the network is to stimulate innovation and increase economic growth through the uptake of more products within the NHS, as well as the number of products co-created with the NHS. The network provides valuable support via themed events and brokering.
HNN aims to:
- Host a range of online and offline learning and networking events
- Work closely with healthcare professionals to recognise unmet health needs and act as an honest broker to bring together the NHS and local industry to co-create solutions
- Provide access to innovations to address unmet health needs
- Facilitate discussions between members to enable them to benefit from the experiences of others as well as encouraging collaborations for mutual benefit
- Support with intellectual property and market research
- Help the network to access funding and investment sources
- Support with product development, diversification and commercialisation
- Support adoption and embedding of innovations
- Help with innovation evaluation and peer review