Innovation SuperNetwork Event 05 Dec 2023 at 9:30am
CyberFest is back for it’s 5th year with a total of 14 events across the region from 1st-29th September.
#CyberFest22, delivered by regional tech network Dynamo in partnership with global professional services company Accenture, business and IT consultancy Waterstons and the Innovation SuperNetwork, will incorporate a series of events and workshops.
Dynamo North East look forward to bringing together their North East cyber security network to have fun, learn and engage together. CyberFest is free of charge to attend, with no limit on the number of registrations.
This year’s programme includes:
- September 1-3 – BSide Newcastle is an information security conference held at The Catalyst – Helix, Newcastle. BSide Newcastle will also be online.
- September 6, 10am to 3pm – Innovation is The Best Form of Defence. This event will be at Durham University’s Mathematics Sciences and Computer Science Building, and confirmed speakers include Phil Jackman; Michael Stirrup, CEO Waterstons; Igor Kotsiuba, Durham University; Stewart Hogg, Waterstons; Richard Snell, Celerity, and Dr Meera Sarma, Cystel.
- September 8, 11am to 3pm – Online Fraud is a Crime. This session will be held at the Centre for Professional and Executive Development, Teesside University’s Darlington Campus. Confirmed speakers include: Martin Wilson, Head of Cyber and Innovation at North East Business Resilience Centre and Joe Cockcroft, NEBRC.
- September 13, 5.30pm to 7.30pm – Improving Patient Outcomes Through Secure HealthTech. This event will be held at North East Futures UTC in Newcastle and confirmed speakers include Hermina Ely, Dynamo North East and Alex Craig, Muckle.
- September 14, 11.30am to 1pm – Developing the Cyber Security Innovation Delivery Partnership. Held at Maritime House, Port of Tyne, Tyne Dock, South Shields, speakers at this event will include: Dinah Jackson, NELEP; Eldon Jobe, Melius Cyber; Debra Cairns, Net Defence and Annabel Berry, Sapphire.
- September 14, 4pm to 6pm – Protecting My Small Business In An Online World. This session will take place at Aspire’s new HQ on Pipewell Quay, Gateshead, and confirmed speakers include: Reshma Begun, FSB and John Baty, Cheviot Insured. Danielle Phillips, from Insideout Consulting, will also lead a workshop.
- September 14/15 – Crafty Cyber Eyes Wide Open. These sessions, held at Middlesbrough Town Hall (14th) and Northumbria University (15th) will be part of Creative Fuse’s annual conference.
- September 15, 9.30am to 11am – Managing Cyber Security Risk in The Space Market. This session, held at NetPark in Sedgefield, will feature speakers including Phil Jackman; Elaine Scott of Business Durham; Mark David of Business Durham; Jone Bone, RHEA Group and Iam Gemski, of Tekgem (UK).
- September 20, 8.30am to 10.30am – Simple Steps to Protect Your Business In An Online World. Confirmed speakers at this session at Stellium Data Centre, Cobalt, Wallsend, include: Andrew Fisk, Fisk Consulting; Danille Phillips, InsideOut Consulting and Rachael Allen, of Stellium.
- September 21, time to be confirmed – Businesses Have An Ethical Responsibility To BE Secure Online. This session will be hosted at Brewin Dolphin, Newcastle, and confirmed speakers include: David Horn, CyberWhite; Gavin Clarke, Emmanuel College and Caroline Theobald, NIBE
- September 22, 3pm to 5pm – Cyber Security For Finance Directors: The Cost To Business. Held at Waterstons in Durham, this session’s confirmed speakers include: Michael Stirrup, Waterstons; David Stroud, Nanolock; Stewart Hogg, Waterstons; Edwin Bartlett, HIComply
- September 27, 4.30pm to 6.30pm – Staying Safe From Online Threats, held at Priors Hall, Hexham Abbey.
Register your details and one of our team will be in touch with you shortly.