Based in Sunderland and working in the North East of England
Circa 25 hours (job share), permanent contract
Salary £35,000 per year / pro rata, plus pension
DEADLINE: Sunday 15th September 2019
VentureFest North East is established as the region’s innovation conference and is expected to attract 800 delegates this autumn. The one day annual conference, delivered in partnership with Innovate UK, the North East LEP and over 50 partners from the private, public and third sectors, receives excellent feedback from delegates, partners and exhibitors each year and we’re keen to build on this success.
The region’s Innovation conference, VentureFest North East is delivered by the Innovation SuperNetwork. A network of networks, we turn innovation policy into practice and bring together businesses, academics, public and third sector organisations to work on collaborative innovation projects.
Alongside VentureFest, we produce high quality training, education seminars, pitching events, sprint days and award ceremonies to benefit our partners, investors and the local business community.
This role will form part of a job share with an existing Event Manager already in post. They will work together to fulfil the increasing programme of events and be responsible for the development and delivery of at least three large business conferences each year.
Each conference has a specific focus and the Event Manager will be charged with working out the best ways to attract and engage the target audiences. They will need to work with partners and funders to ensure that their needs are met. They will also work with suppliers to ensure that we bring in the services we need to the standards of quality, cost and schedule required.
In addition, the Event Manager will be expected to take an active role as required in other aspects of our projects, such as working with partners on the development of their own event programmes and supporting the promotion of our wider innovation programme. The role is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund.
Our ideal person must have extensive experience of business events and conferences, and in a position of responsibility. They will be highly motivated, organised and a strong communicator. They will need to be able to visualise what each event should look like and demonstrate a keen eye for detail.
If this is you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To manage the development and delivery of Company events, such as VentureFest North East and FinanceCamp and others as may be developed in future
- To ensure that the Company’s events achieve their objectives in an efficient and effective way, balancing quality with value for money
- To manage event suppliers and contractors, ensuring that the Company’s values are maintained
- To ensure that all activities comply with the Company’s legal, financial and health & safety policies
- To capture information as required for the reporting of Company projects
- To attend team meetings
- To take responsibility for own professional development, with support from line manager
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of the job
- To line manage Company and contract staff as required
- To perform such other tasks as may reasonably be required by the Company
- Occasional travel and some out-of-hours activities will be associated with this job
Experience and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable track record of managing multiple concurrent events, projects or programmes
- Track record of excellence in delivery of large business to business events
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Good team working skills
- Ability to work in a self-sufficient manner to achieve objectives
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Deadline: Sunday 15th September 2019