Please see below how the Innovation SuperNetwork can help support you during COVID-19, including resources of funding, advice and tools from our partners:
Innovation SuperNetwork support
- Our team are all on hand to offer business support, make connections and give advice.
- We are looking at innovative ways to continue delivering our events remotely, so please keep an eye on those on our social media channels and newsletter.
- You can now listen to our past webinars and view upcoming ones.
- We’ve listed the grant funding available for innovative North East businesses that could help during this time.
- Gateshead Council have a Discretionary Grant Fund available.
- British Business Bank have a Business Bounce Back Loan that provides financial support to businesses across the UK that are losing revenue, and seeing their cashflow disrupted, as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak and that can benefit from £50,000 or less in finance.
- Transmit Growth Loans are an accredited delivery partner for the above loan, which is now open for applications.
- There’s £10,000 and £25,000 cash grants available for Sunderland-based businesses through the council.
- We have over 50 partners who we can connect you with if you need support or advice, especially during Covid-19.
- The North East LEP have a helpful COVID-19 toolkit to help businesses during this time which is being updated regularly.
- Innovation support is available for North East based SMEs from Newcastle University’s Arrow scheme. Whether it’s business as usual or you’ve had to enter a new market, Arrow can help SMEs access expertise in a range of fields to support your project. They’re offering help through product development, research, data analysis, studies and AI. If Arrow can’t find the support within the University, you can access up to 50% of match funding of up to £10k to buy support from another provider.
- The North East England Chamber of Commerce are consistently updating their website with advice for business owners and employees.
- The North East LEP are looking for businesses to take a survey so that they can look at how to better help them, so be sure to fill that out.
- LUMO can help businesses with cash flow problems through claiming R&D Tax Credits within 7 days with minimal disruption.
- Ward Hadaway now have a COVID19 FAQ hub full of practical guidance, helping you understand your #legal and #commercial position relating to the current disruption
- If you’re looking to upskill, take up a hobby or even refresh your skills then take a look at Newcastle College who are offering a wide variety of free courses for adults during this time.
- If you’ve got solutions or challenges in the healthcare industry, take a look at the ‘Care and Industry together against CORONA’ platform with RTC North that looks to connect people across Europe to find solutions in this sector.
Please also note that the Government have general advice and guidance for employers and employees that can be accessed here.
We are updating this website regularly in line with new Government advice and information we receive. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions. Our landline – +44(0)191 516 6988 is also still being monitored and we can put you in touch with the right team member.