Part-time / freelance Maternity Cover
3 days per week 7-month contract, with possible extension
Salary £40,000 per annum / pro rata, or agreed freelance rate
DEADLINE: Thursday 11 July 2019
We’re seeking a dynamic, well-networked and passionate Communications Manager to deliver targeted, B2B PR and media relations activity in support of the Innovation SuperNetwork’s event programme, access to finance initiatives, and business accelerator programmes.
The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and ability to oversee the delivery of communications across the full marketing mix but specifically with a strong background in B2B media relations and PR. You will be an exceptional writer with a strong news sense and a social media / influencer relations expert.
The Communications Manager will work with and line manage our Digital Marketing Manager and Communications Officer. You will deliver against the organisations strategic marketing plan, with a focus on further establishing the Innovation SuperNetwork as the regional network for driving business innovation for local economic growth. A key part of the role will be to drive engagement with, and delegate registrations to, SuperNetwork events including VentureFest North East.
The Innovation SuperNetwork is a network of networks. We turn innovation policy into practice and bring together businesses, academics, public and third sector organisations to work on collaborative innovation projects.
Made up of over 60 partners and 5000+ businesses to increase innovation, collaboration and business growth in the North East, the SuperNetwork is strategically aligned to the North East LEP and exists to increase connectivity and collaboration between the region’s business community.
Our mission is to boost regional innovation, make
connections to benefit businesses in the area, and create the space for fresh
ideas to be explored with innovative activity. We do this by working closely
with cluster groups, and through VentureFest North East,
Challenge. Our access to
finance programme, including FinanceCamp and Entrepreneurs of the North help
businesses make the introductions that lead to those crucial deals.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a B2B PR role, either in-house or agency.
- Experience managing a team of communications professionals.
- Experience managing marketing spend to budget.
- Relevant degree or equivalent industry training (CIPR, CIM approved).
- Proven track-record of securing targeted and impactful media coverage and influencer content.
- Experience delivering multi-stakeholder communications campaigns.
- Experience delivering targeted event communications.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Ability to write for different mediums and audiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail and proof-reading ability.
- Solid experience using social media as a promotional tool, but also in building influencer relationships online.
- Ability to build relationships with industry specific media / outlets.
- Ability to build relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Directly manage the SuperNetwork’s Digital Marketing Manager and Communications Officer.
- Manage the marketing and communications budget.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to deliver integrated media relations activity in support of the Innovation SuperNetwork’s programme of events and business support activity.
- Secure targeted, quality coverage across regional (and national as appropriate) platforms.
- Secure quality opportunities for key SuperNetwork spokespeople, including interviews in print, online and where appropriate, broadcast.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to deliver influencer engagement campaigns in support of the organisation’s SEO strategy and event delivery plan.
- Oversee the management and delivery of all public relations activity, including booking photographers, inviting media and briefing spokespeople.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage reactive media enquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, e-news, articles / features and other platforms as needed.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of all marketing and communications outputs / outcomes and report against the company dashboard quarterly.
- Where appropriate, identify and deliver communications opportunities for partners.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate to support the organisation.
To apply send your CV to Elaine Dinsley via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday 11th July 2019.