Communications & Engagement Executive
Full-time, 18 month fixed-term contract (with possible extension)
Salary £20,000 (per annum, plus pension)
Are you passionate about communications and looking for a role which will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience? Do you have a demonstrable understanding of the latest social media platforms and e-comms tools, and a passion for bringing creativity and flair to the content you create? Can you draft compelling copy and engaging written content for a range of different mediums and audiences?
This role is ideal for those in the early-stages of their marketing career who are looking for an opportunity to develop their knowledge and skill-base in digital communications, influencer and media relations and events.
Working with a highly-skilled team of marketing, communications and events professionals, you will have the opportunity to tell the stories of some of the region’s most innovative companies, support the delivery of a substantial innovation programme, and help to deliver high-profile events such as the region’s largest innovation conference, VentureFest North East.
The Innovation SuperNetwork is a network of networks. Made up of over 60 partners and 5000+ businesses to increase innovation, collaboration and business growth in the North East, the Innovation SuperNetwork is strategically aligned with the North East LEP and works closely with the North of Tyne Combined Authority, Innovate UK, British Business Bank and local authorities across the North East to increase connectivity and collaboration among the region’s business community.
Our mission is to boost regional innovation, make connections to benefit businesses in the area, and create the space for fresh ideas to be explored with innovative activity. We turn innovation policy into practice and work closely with cluster groups, and academic, public and third sector organisations to provide Innovation Support, Innovation Finance and Innovation opportunities.
We are managing a growing portfolio of publicly funded innovation programmes and the Communications & Engagement Team play a central role in ensuring the successful delivery of these projects through engaging a regional SME audience with opportunities designed to help them innovate and grow. If you’re passionate about the North East and want to support regional economic growth, we’d love to hear from you.
Innovation SuperNetwork includes the Catalysing Innovation in North East Clusters project, which is receiving up to £1.28m of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2021-2023.
- Relevant apprenticeship, degree or equivalent industry training.
- Knowledge of digital communications tools, techniques and platforms, (incl. WordPress, Twitter, LinkedIn. Facebook. Instagram & TikTok).
- Experience of creating impactful visual content for social media and other digital platforms.
- Understanding of communications monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques.
- Experience using monitoring and evaluation tools including Google Analytics
- Understanding of media and influencer outreach strategies
- An interest in business events delivery
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office Suite (incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to write for different audiences and different platforms (including e-comms and websites)
- Good research skills / ability to pull together key sector information, target media / outlet lists and influencer networks
- Comfortable working in a small team and able to take own initiative whilst working virtually for some of the time
- Excellent proof-reading ability and proven attention to detail
- Proactive administrative and organisational skills
- Passionate about making a positive difference in the North East economy
- Enthusiasm for innovation and new ideas
- Committed to enhancing equality, diversity and inclusion across communications delivery
Read the full job description here.
To apply, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Sunday 27th February 2022