Full-time, 1-year contract (with possible extension)
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Communications and Events Officer to support the delivery of the Innovation SuperNetwork’s programme through key communications activity and event support.
The Innovation SuperNetwork delivers a year-round events programme, including VentureFest North East, access to finance initiatives and business accelerator programmes.
Reporting into the Communications Manager, the ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communications skills, excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage processes for the benefit of the whole team. You will have social media skills and the ability to draft communications copy for a range of different mediums and audiences. Experience working on business events would also be beneficial.
The Innovation SuperNetwork is a network of networks. We turn innovation policy into practice and bring together businesses, academics, public and third sector organisations to work on collaborative innovation projects.
Made up of over 60 partners and 5000+ businesses to increase innovation, collaboration and business growth in the North East, the SuperNetwork is strategically aligned to the North East LEP and exists to increase connectivity and collaboration between the region’s business community.
Our mission is to boost regional innovation, make connections to benefit businesses in the area, and create the space for fresh ideas to be explored with innovative activity. We do this by working closely with cluster groups, and through VentureFest North East, and Innovation Challenge. Our access to finance programme, including FinanceCamp and Entrepreneurs of the North help businesses make the introductions that lead to those crucial deals.
- Experience working as part of a communications team.
- Relevant degree or equivalent industry training.
- Experience monitoring and evaluating marketing outputs, incl. media relations and social media activity. and an understanding of Google Analytics.
- Good research skills / ability to pull together key sector information, target media / outlet lists and influencer networks.
- Good writing skills with the ability to write for different mediums and audiences.
- Experience supporting the delivery of media relations activity – incl. writing / researching press releases.
- Excellent attention to detail and proof-reading ability.
- Solid social media experience – ability to create impactful written and visual social media content.
- Event delivery experience, incl. supporting event delivery and logistics. Representing a brand at exhibitions and conferences.
- Support the Communications Manager in delivering media relations activity, including drafting content and researching media contact lists.
- Support the delivery of photo-call opportunities.
- Monitor coverage about the Innovation SuperNetwork and key projects. Support the Communications Manager to evaluate PR outcomes and report back to management team.
- Analyse SuperNetwork event and audience data as needed.
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager by monitoring key digital marketing data.
- Create content for press releases, e-news, articles / features and other platforms as needed.
- Create social media content for the Innovation SuperNetwork and key projects, schedule across social media.
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager with reactive social media enquiries / activity.
- Draft content for the Innovation SuperNetwork regular e-news.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to update the website as needed and in line with the organisation’s SEO strategy.
- Support Innovation SuperNetwork Partners by promoting activity across SuperNetwork platforms.
- Maintain the partner communications activity tracker to support Management Team with partner renewals.
- Compile and circulate weekly internal comms updates from across the wider SuperNetwork team.
- Represent the SuperNetwork at exhibitions and conferences.
- Support the Event Manager with pre-event tasks including setting up registration, pulling together relevant marketing materials, event set-up.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate to support the organisation.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 13th September 2019