Béthune wants to set up a smart city project that is adapted to its geographical, cultural and economic characteristics. In doing so, it wants to improve the quality of city services and to put citizens squarely at the centre of its development plans by better coordinating its initiatives with its good intentions. With this broad goal in mind, ENGIE – as a partner of the city of Béthune in its plans for people-centric digitization – is launching a call for projects to develop innovative solutions based on new technologies that are aligned with the city’s Smart City masterplan.
The call for Smart City projects that ENGIE is launching is meant to discover new solutions for making Béthune a collaborative, sustainable and innovative city, while also accounting for its specificities as medium-sized municipality.
Proposals could be structured around the seven pillars defined in the city’s Smart City Master Plan, namely:
Habitat and environment
– Raising awareness among citizens about environmental causes
– Supporting the energy transition
Eating, drinking and shopping
– Help usher in and accommodate new consumer practices
– Focus on short circuits
Transport and mobility
– Facilitate and consolidate active and alternative modes of transport
– Promote intermodal transport
– Reduce the use of cars in the city
Education and employment
– Promote and help cultivate digital education
– Help develop job training courses
– Promote the emergence of new workplaces
Health and well-being
– Safely sharing data among healthcare providers
– Improve the effectiveness of residents’ healthcare journey in the city and surrounding area
– Make city facilities more accessible
Leisure and culture
– Develop new cultural policy practices
Solidarity and community
– Promote links between citizens
– Encourage the social economy and solidarity
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017 at midnight CET
Rewards and benefits for selected projects:
The selected projects will get:
- An opportunity to pitch for up to 900 mayors from the Hauts de France region,
- A partnership with ENGIE to develop the Smart City digital project in Béthune and potentially other projects in France and elsewhere based on the specifics of your response,
- Guaranteed visibility at special events, in the press and through other partners.
- Potential incubation in Bethune within a French Tech incubator for a period of six months
- Acceleration with financing provided by the City of Béthune for the following amounts:
- 1st prize: 5 000 €
- 2nd prize: 2 000 €
- 3rd prize: 1,500 €
If you are interested in this competition?
Please email the Innovation SuperNetwork team at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below so we can help you and guide you through the application process.