Small businesses working on high-quality research and development projects across national borders often find it difficult to attract public-sector funding. Eurostars was set up to overcome this barrier to innovation.
Eurostars will help SMEs to lead international collaborative research and innovation projects by:
- easing access to support and funding
- the possibility to innovate by cooperating with other SMEs
A research-performing SME is one which:
- invests 10% or more of turnover into research, or
- has 10% of full-time equivalent staff working on research activities, or
- has 5 or more full-time staff working on research activities, if the SME has 100 or fewer employees, or
- has 10 or more full-time staff working on research activities, if the SME has 100 or more employees.
Eurostars is the only European funding programme to be specifically dedicated to support R&D-performing SMEs in their innovative R&D projects. Its bottom-up approach, which gives companies full control over project content. It supports international collaborative research and innovation projects that will be rapidly commercialised.
Competition opens – 24 July 2017
Registration closes – 7 September 12:00pm
Competition closes – 14 September 2017 12:00pm
Applicants notified – 31 January 2018
If you are interested in this competition
Please email the Innovation SuperNetwork team at email@example.com or complete the form below so we can help you and guide you through the application process.
(Direct links – please cut and paste into browser: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/43/overview)