The Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV) is to invest in industry-led research and development projects on connected and autonomous vehicles, across two competitions.
Projects need to come up with technical solutions for connected and autonomous vehicle features that provide real-world benefits to users. This includes how these vehicles will work as part of a wider transport or off-road system, and the business models that will enable them. We are seeking proposals where the commercial benefit is clear.
Projects focused on autonomy, or connectivity that supports autonomy, must focus on the development of solutions for SAE level 4 automation and above.
All projects must be collaborative, business-led, and with the research and development (R&D) conducted in the UK.
The two competitions are for:
- Feasibility studies: These projects should last between 12 to 18 months and have total costs of up to £250,000.
- R&D projects, lasting 18 to 30 months and have total costs of £500,000 to £4 million.
Projects should apply innovative thinking to real-world problems. At the end, projects should be ready to continue into future collaborative R&D competitions. Or they should be able to raise private sector investment to take the technology to market.
- focus on on-highway vehicles or PODs (L, M or N category vehicles), or off highway vehicles
- support the development of solutions for SAE level 4 automation and above, if focused on delivering autonomy (either directly or supporting autonomy through connectivity)
- include a final report and a dissemination plan
- support the principle of shared learning with other projects. This will include involvement in workshops, organised every 6 months by Innovate UK and CCAV.
Competition opens – 25 July 2017
London briefing event – 23 August 2017
Competition closes – 25 October 2017 12:00pm
Applicants notified – 2 February 2018
If you are interested in this competition?
Please email the Innovation SuperNetwork team at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below so we can help you and guide you through the application process.
(Direct links – please cut and paste into browser:
Feasibility studies – https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/30/overview
R&D projects – https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/34/overview)