The aim of this competition is to support the development of innovative healthcare technologies and processes. These may include:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
There are two competitions running concurrently within round 3 of the Biomedical Catalyst 2017. This is a feasibility competition. A separate early stage competition has also been posted. You should apply only if your project fits a specific competition scope. You may only submit the same application to Innovate UK twice, so it is important that you do not submit an application with an incorrect scope.
(Please check full details at the Innovate UK website, via the link below, to confirm eligibility.)
The aim of this feasibility award is to explore and evaluate the commercial potential of innovative scientific ideas by:
- reviewing research evidence and identifying possible applications
- assessing business opportunities
- investigating the intellectual property position
- validating initial concepts or existing pre-clinical work through experimental studies
- identifying areas for further development
We will support projects from any sector or discipline including (but not limited to):
- stratified healthcare (both therapy and diagnostic components)
- regenerative medicine
- enabling medical technologies and devices.
Competition opens – 31 July 2017
Briefing event – 1 August 2017
Competition closes – 11 October 2017 12:00pm
Applicants notified – 8 December 2017
If you are interested in this competition?
Please email the Innovation SuperNetwork team at email@example.com or complete the form below so we can help you and guide you through the application process.
(Direct links – please cut and paste into browser: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/53/overview)