Flexible location / home-based working with access to Innovation SuperNetwork office in Sunderland as required
Hours between 22.5 and 37.5 hours per week with flexible working options
£22,000 pro rata per year plus pension
The Innovation SuperNetwork is a unique regional programme, helping to cultivate a stronger innovation eco-system in the North East of England and support innovative businesses. The programme works through a partnership of around 50 organisations, including the North East LEP, Innovate UK, local universities, innovation support organisations and private businesses. The SuperNetwork is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The SuperNetwork includes:
- High profile events to raise aspiration and innovation expertise amongst regional businesses;
- An active access to finance programme to connect regional businesses with investors;
- Coordination work to link up businesses with sources of expertise and support;
- An open innovation programme, connecting regional businesses with innovation challenges posed by larger businesses and the public sector.
In addition, the team works with organisations across the UK on innovation support, including innovation events and access to finance work. An expansion in the number and scale of projects means that we need to increase our organisational capacity in compliance and reporting.
We are looking for an individual to join our team as Business Process Officer. The role is new in the team and will support the Head of Compliance in the project delivery of publicly-funded contracts, with support from the Head of Operations and Development, and help us innovate around our own business processes.
The Business Process Officer will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and improving our funding compliance systems, including;
- Assisting with preparation of reporting documentation to comply with funding requirements, ensuring claim data is prepared to project deadlines
- Securely collating and storing records in accordance with project funding requirements
- Assisting with documentation management, spreadsheet upkeep and liaising with external businesses with regards to gathering compliance data
- Assisting with procurement activities and reporting
- Inputting accurate information into company records and ensuring they are kept up to date
- Assisting with streamlining internal filing, data gathering and presentation for audit evidence
- Assisting with online funding claims processes
- Financial assistance, including
- Assisting in the preparation of funding spreadsheets, including financial data to support the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Business Process Development:
- Identifying opportunities to improve the accuracy, efficiency and data integrity of our core compliance processes
- Making recommendations to the Head of Compliance and Head of Operations about how the processes and IT applications we have can be more effectively utilised.
We are a small team with an entrepreneurial and flexible approach. At the same time, we deliver complex projects utilising public funding, which require attention to detail and high compliance. This means the ideal candidate will enjoy learning and working with robust administration systems whilst maintaining relationships and streamlining processes for maximum efficiency for colleagues and customers.
Ideally, candidates would have some knowledge of administration of compliance or financial records. However, we will offer training in the role. The candidate should also have close attention to detail and be proactive in exploring how best to make the most of our available Microsoft 365 business suite to find opportunities for process improvement. Being involved in our team requires a proactive approach when it comes to planning and organising tasks to help the whole team meet key deadlines.
Candidates should be highly conscientious, organised and good communicators in person, in writing and online.
For the right person, there is the potential to expand responsibilities as we grow at the appropriate time. We have ambitious plans for the future and we will only recruit individuals that want to be a part of that longer journey.
If this is you, the first step is to forward your CV to email@example.com.