Up to £47,000 (excluding VAT) is available for businesses to develop advanced control systems for use in wave energy generation.
This funding call is for feasibility study proposals. It is the first of 3 stages in the Wave Energy Scotland (WES) control systems programme.
Up to 100% of project costs are available via a research and development contract. WES will invest further funding in successful projects which progress to design, development and demonstration stages.
Advanced control systems have the potential to play a vital role in the development of cost-effective wave energy generation technology. WES aims to support collaboration between academia, industry, wave energy specialists and new entrants in this competition. There are relevant technology transfer opportunities in many industrial sectors including:
- electrical engineering
- offshore and sub-sea vessel stability and manoeuvring
- this competition opens on Wednesday 5 April 2017
- there will be a webinar for potential applicants on Thursday 13 April 2017 (registration required)
- individual companies can apply, but smaller businesses are expected to prefer to form a consortium for their bid
- there will be a brokerage event in Edinburgh on Friday 12 May 2017 (registration required) to help businesses find partners
- you must apply before midday on Monday 12 June 2017
- projects can last up to 3 months
How to apply:
If you are interested in this competition, please email the Innovation SuperNetwork team at email@example.com or complete the form below so we can help you and guide you through the application process.