The aim of this competition is to support the development of innovative healthcare technologies and processes. These may include:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
There are two competitions running concurrently within round 3 of the Biomedical Catalyst 2017. This is an early stage competition. A separate feasibility competition has also been posted. You should apply only if your project fits a specific competition scope. You may only submit the same application to Innovate UK twice, so it is important that you do not submit an application with an incorrect scope.
(Please check full details at the Innovate UK website, via the link below, to confirm eligibility.)
The early-stage award enables SMEs to complete a data package sufficient to support subsequent testing of a product or process in a clinical setting (or other relevant environments). Early-stage award projects can include:
- experimental evaluation (lab scale)
- use of in vitro and in vivo models (but not human trials) to evaluate proof of concept and safety testing to appropriate regulatory standards
- exploration of potential production mechanisms
- early-stage prototyping
- product development planning
- intellectual property protection
We will support projects from any sector or discipline, including (but not limited to):
- stratified healthcare (both therapy and diagnostic components)
- regenerative medicine
- enabling medical technologies and devices.
Competition opens – 31 July 2017
Briefing event – 1 August 2017 (webinar)
Competition closes – 11 October 2017 12:00pm
Applicants notified – 8 December 2017
If you are interested in this competition?
Please email the Innovation SuperNetwork team at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below so we can help you and guide you through the application process.
(Direct links – please cut and paste into browser: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/54/overview)